The SIMATIC S7-1200 is Siemens’ cost-efficient controller with a number of integrated features, including technology functions, communication interfaces, and more. The compact nature of each CPU in the S7-1200 family makes it ideal for smaller, standalone applications with typically less than 100 discrete and 32 analog I/O points. The below steps provide a step-by-step guide in selecting the correct S7-1200 hardware configuration for any application.
Please click HERE for complete part number information for the S7-1200 family.
- Select a CPU based upon supply voltage and I/O required.
- Select any additional I/O modules required. Each CPU has a maximum number of I/O modules that can be added.
- Select an Analog signal board in place of signal module if limited I/O expansion is needed.
- CPU includes Ethernet port only, select optional communications module if serial communication is required.
- Select an Ethernet switch to support peripheral devices, if required.
- Select a power supply if CPU supply voltage is 24VDC.
- Select DIN rail with 15mm height.
- Use the programming software selection guide to select programming software, if required.